Join the Mahala Retail Platform Feb 2021 Competition:
1. Definitions. unless the context provides otherwise, the words and expressions set out below will have the following meanings and cognate expressions shall have corresponding meanings:
2. “Competition” means the Join Mahala platform by offering a rebate to Mahala members for minimum of 6 months. One lucky winner.
3. “Competition Period” means start date 17 February 2021 and end date 30 April 2021 at 23h59 of the closing date.
4. “Closing Date” is the 30 April 2021. No entries will be accepted after midnight on 30 April 2021.
5. “Participant” means an eligible natural person or juristic person (company) who enters in and is eligible (operates in the Retail space or offer a product(s) or services to the public) to win a Prize in the Competition.
6. “Person” includes natural and juristic persons.
7. “Promoter” means Mahala Loyalty Programme (Pty) Ltd (Reg no: 2001/030145/07) a company duly incorporated in accordance with the company laws of the Republic of South Africa.
8. By choosing to enter the Competition, the Participant agrees to be bound by the following terms and conditions, which the Participant acknowledges to have read and understood. This Competition shall be conducted in accordance with the provisions of section 36 read with Regulation 11 of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008.
9. The Participant must agree to permit the Promoter to collect his/her personal information for the purpose of the Competition and the Promoter’s product marketing and development. and undertake to abide by these Rules.
10. Only one entry per person / company will be permitted.
11. There is no entry fee to participate in the Competition.
12. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of a Participant (including but not limited to a participant’s identity and age) and to reject any Participant who has not complied with these terms and conditions.
13. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s sole discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
14. Directors, members, employees, agents of, or consultants to the Promoter and its subsidiaries, their promotional partners and printers, their advertising and promotional agencies, supplier of goods or services in connection with this Competition, or if you are any of the aforementioned persons’ immediate family, including spouses, life partners, parents, children and siblings, are excluded from being entered into this Competition.
15. How to enter: The Participant must sign up for a free membership OR sign up for a R450.00 membership. First time users also qualify under this competition as a Participant.
16. The Prize will be ONE of the following:
17.1 WEBSITE TO THE VALUE OF R10 000 THAT INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
17.1.1 Professional website up to 20 pages, Mobile responsive.
17.1.2 Domain registration and up to 25 e-mail addresses.
17.1.3 Hosting for 12 months.
17.1.4 Up to 3 updates per month (12 months).
17.1.5 After 12 months: hosting fees applies at R299.00 per month or client can move web site to own service provider.
17.2 CORPORATE IDENTITY DESIGN / REVAMP TO THE VALUE OF R10 000 INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
17.2.1 Corporate logo design (including 3 final logos to choose from with 3 revisions to complete the logo development)
17.2.2 Business card design template.
17.2.3 Letterhead template.
17.2.4 Corporate identity do’s and don’ts guide.
17.2.5 General information flyer design (A5 size).
i. All artworks will be supplied digitally and in print ready format if applicable. This prize does not include any printed materials. The winner may request a quote to have printing done with Mahala or any other provided of their choosing.
ii. The Winner may going forward do with the corporate identity as they see fit, once handed over the Corporate Identity will belong fully to the winner.
17.3 COVID-19 BUDDY RANGE PRIZE: A RANGE OF COVID RELATED PRODUCTS TO THE VALUE OF R10 000 INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
17.3.1 Auto Buddy Air & Surface Sanitiser (Leather & Car).
17.3.2 Foggin Buddy Disinfectant and Fogger.
17.3.3 Hand & Surface sanitiser in 3 different fragrances.
17.3.4 Face masks and protectors.
18 The winner of the Prize as stated in clause 3 will be chosen by a random draw from eligible entries and shall be notified directly via email or telephone (depending on the information provided on the Mahala website) within 24 (twenty-four) hours of the Draw Date.
19. The Prize may not be swapped, transferred and are not redeemable for cash.
20. In the event that the Prize winner cannot be successfully contacted within 24 hours of the draw date or is unable, for any reason whatsoever, to accept the prize, a replacement winner will be randomly drawn from the remaining qualifying participants in the draw in accordance with the same process and procedures as applicable to the original draw.
21. The Prize winner submit that all content shared with the Promoter may be used freely, without consultation on all platforms and may be amended in any way the Promoter sees fit.
22. PERSONAL INFORMATION is information relating to a Participant. Personal information includes a Participant’s identity number, passport number and contact details in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Act (“POPI”).
23. By entering this Competition, a Participant agrees that the Promoter may use his/her personal information in connection with the Competition.
24. The Winner will be required to complete a declaration acknowledging receipt of the prize and that he/she is not connected to the Promoter as stipulated above.
25. By entering into the Competition, a Participant consents to the Promoter sending competition material during and after this Competition, in accordance with POPI.
26. Participants of this Competition are voluntarily providing their personal information as envisaged by POPI to the Promoter, its associated agencies and the third-party service providers running the Competition in conjunction with the Promoter.
27. By entering this competition, Participants authorize the Promoter to collect, store and use (not share unless legally required to do so) personal information as envisaged by POPI of Participants for communication or statistical purposes.
28. Participants are entitled to decline any marketing communication and inform the Promoter in writing should a Participant wish to be removed from all communication.
29. The Participant agrees that any video or photographs taken of them in relation to this Competition become the property of the Promoter to use in any marketing campaigns as the Promoter deems fit. The Participant shall have no claim for any compensation for use of the media footage.
30. By entry in this competition, all Participants consent to having their data captured on the Promoters’ system. The Participant agrees that any video or photographs taken of them in relation to this Competition become the property of the Promoter to use in any marketing campaigns as the Promoter deems fit. The Participant shall have no claim for any compensation for use of the media footage.
31. By participating in this Competition, a Participant agrees to all the Competition Rules set out above, without exception.
32. The Promoter will not use any Participant’s personal information in any way which breaks the law and Premier undertakes to keep all personal information of Participants secure and for as long as the law requires.
33. In the event of any act of God, strike, war, warlike operation, rebellion, riot, civil commotion, lockout, combination of workmen, interference of trade unions, suspension of labour, fire, accident, or (without regard to the foregoing enumeration) of any circumstances arising or action taken beyond or outside the reasonable control of the Promoter preventing them from the performance of any obligation to a Participant (any such event hereinafter called “Force Majeure”) then the Promoter shall be relieved of all such obligations to the Participant during the period that such Force Majeure continues and shall not be liable for any delay or failure in the performance of any obligations or loss or damage which the Participant may suffer due to or resulting from the Force Majeure.
34. The Promoter may in its sole and absolute discretion amend these terms and conditions at any time, by publishing the revised terms and conditions on the MAHALA Retail website (http://www.mahala.biz).
35. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw any aspect of this Competition in its sole discretion at any time without prior notice or liability.
36. The Promoter cannot guarantee the performance of any third party and shall not be liable for any act or default by a third party.
37. The laws of the Republic of South Africa govern this Competition. If any provision or part of these Competition Rules is deemed void or otherwise unenforceable in law, then that provision or part shall be deemed excluded and the remainder of these Competition Rules shall remain in force.
38. Any violation of these Competition Rules will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressing Participant from the Competition.
39. In the event of a dispute regarding any aspect of the Competition and/or these terms and conditions, the Promoter’s decision will be binding and final and no correspondence will be entered into.
40. In the event of a dispute regarding a winner chosen in accordance as above, the decision of an independent admitted attorney duly appointed by the Promoter will be final and binding and no other correspondence will be entered into.
41. All enquiries regarding the Competition should be sent to the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 081 487 2073.